Anyone had experience of NHS choose and book recently? Personally I think it is sucks.
- See the GP 3 times before you get a referral
- Wait 3 days before you can phone up for your appointment with a consultant (specialist)
- Phone up only to be referred to a telephone assessment centre, which is in fact just another appointments call centre. The person who deals with your type of appointment is busy. They will call back immediately, but don’t
- Phone back the assessment/booking centre. They can’t book the appointment until I have an agreed date for a piece of equipment I need to keep for 5 days. I received a letter with a date that clashes with my holiday. They can only be rung during certain hours. The people you need to speak to aren’t in. They suggest I wait until I get back from holiday, go back to the GP and request to be referred again! I say “no way” it has taken me almost 2 months to get to this point.
- They try to put you through to the equipment team, but they’re engaged.
- Try to ring the equipment team later. They eventually agree to do it tomorrow! Ring back the assessment/booking centre. They can’t book an appointment for (a) before I go on holiday, because it is too soon; or (b) after we are back from holiday because it is too far ahead (beginning January).
- Hopefully they will ring me back today before 2.00 pm as promised
- I have wasted approx 2 hours this morning