I am going to try and keep this short as I really need to get to bed and to sleep …
The week following my trip to London, and last week has certainly been eventful. A precis version is as follows:
I expected the job market to be very slow (as that is what I had heard from everyone else), and planned to start working at around the beginning of August or September, depending on how my search went. I was not prepared to have 4 job interviews lined up within the space of a week, and be offered a job 2 days later. Also, I wasn’t prepared for a Monday 11th July start.
A timeline was something like this:
– Monday morning: interview
– Tuesday afternoon: second interview
– Wednesday morning: another interview/meeting with previous client
– Wednesday lunch time: accepting a contract and cancelling 2 more interviews lined up for Wednesday afternoon and the following Monday
– Wednesday after my interview: driving down to Kent to visit a friend for 2 nights.
– Friday: driving back to Manchester in time for a (pretentious) theatre play, called “Dr Dee – An English Opera”
– Monday: start new contract, which is moving at one million miles per hour
– Tuesday: long and hard day at work. Collapse for early night.
– Wednesday: out with a friend straight from work. Late night
– Thursday: out with a friend straight from work. Not such a late night
– Friday: friends for dinner. Very late night
– Saturday: administration day for purchase of new investment property including mortgage application, pick up samples for flooring
– Sunday: hour and a half nordic walk (not had time this week), administration continues, including visit to new property to do measuring up, prepare food for next week
Next week is going to be a busy one too:
Monday: after work try and go to the doctor as 7 weeks later my cough is not getting better
Tuesday: decorator coming around after work. Try and finish admin left over from weekend. See if there is time for a nordic walk.
Wednesday: book club in the evening. Pack for weekend.
Thursday: go to work early so I can leave early to go to Paris for the weekend!! Hurrah!
Friday – Sunday: PARIS. Please let the sun shine ….
When I get back from Paris, I have to plan for the new house in Sale:
– flooring quotes & installs
– source and deliver washing machine and fridge-freezer
– source furniture & lighting & arrange delivery, build and install
– source house ‘dressings’ and make house look beautiful
Complete legal process in allocated 28 days!
– get a rental quote and find tenants
Overlapping with the above, will be planning and organising Tim’s 50th birthday and getting ready for going on holiday for 2 weeks to Albania on 1 September. I think it is going to be a very busy 6 weeks ahead…
But on the good news front: We received a letter in the post this week. Some kind person left our Children of Africa charity a legacy of £1,000! Isn’t that fantastic?!
Over and out – bed is calling