Have you ever felt that you’d like to make a difference in the life of another less fortunate? But then you feel so helpless. You can’t give much, so you end up not giving anything at all. What about if you could give some money, then give the same money over and over again? Wouldn’t that be great?
Well it can be done! Thanks to http://www.kiva.org/, you can help enpower the world with a KIVA loan of just $25 (R185 or £15). You can loan the money from anywhere in the world as long as you have:
- access to a computer
- a paypall account or credit card
How it works:
- Browse the list of applicants and choose one or more candidates
- Add them to your basket
- Check out and pay (as you would do with internet shopping)
- Your candidates are then loaned the money
- Soon your candidates start to pay the money back & KIVA lets you know of their progress
- Once they have repaid they money, you loan the same money to someone else.
This way you help many people with the same amount of money!
If it is something you’d like to try, follow this link: http://kiva.org/invitedby/Liezl