I met up with my friend, Lisa, last night. And asked her whether whe wants to take part in my 2012 challenge. As it involves coffee and cake, I think she’s in.
- Battery Park – Wilbraham Road, Chorlton 0161 860 0754
- Central Perk – Picaddilly Approach
- CUP – 53 to 55 Thomas Street, Northern Quarter 0161 834 2004
- Drip – 57 Hilton Street, Piccadilly 0161 235 5100
- Fuel – Wilmslow Road, Withington 0161 448 9702
- Musicana Cafe – 10a Wilmslow Road, Rusholme
- North Tea Power – 36 Tib Street, M4 1LA http://www.northteapower.co.uk/
- Oklahoma – 14 to 16 Hight Street, Northern Quarter 0161 834 1136
- Sweet Tooth Cupcakery – Oldham Street, Northern quarter. (Apparently another in Chorlton) 0161 236 3877 http://www.sweettoothcupcakery.co.uk/
- Whitworth Art Gallery Cafe – University of Manchester, Oxford road 0161 275 7497 http://www.whitworth.manchester.ac.uk/ (I might save this one for when my parents come to visit as it would be nice to take them to the Art Gallery itself)
I would like to add a few to the list. Apparently Bowdon has another new coffee shop, patisserie and ice cream parlour to be exact, that I need to try out:
- Vanillis, Hall Road, Bowdon
And then there is one more tea shop that I have been meaning to go back too, but never quite got there:
- The Art of Tea, 47 Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury 0161 448 9323
Their contact details are: 0161 929 9202, 4 Stamford Road, Bowdon, WA14 2JU. I dedicated a blog post to them last year: http://beechwoodblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/cake-gallery-bowdon.html
If anyone is keen to join me in my pursuit, let me know.
2013 update. This year I am attempting the Altrincham and Hale (and Eggs Benedict) Cafe Challenge. More information on a more recent article.