You think it’s a hoax. You’re wondering how you can save money by buying what you would be buying anyway, aren’t you? Its true! The secret is Quidco.
What is Quidco?
Quidco is a UK website / App that allows you to earn cashback & make savings every time you shop from hundreds of high street brands and shops. You can watch this short little video, giving detail on how it works, and that even though it sounds too good to be true, it isn’t!
I know you’re wondering whether it is pennies rather than pounds you’ll be saving with Quidco, and the answer is a big, fat NO! Let me share with you some of my recent cash back transactions:
- I booked our car hire & accommodation for our annual holiday through Expedia (via Quidco), and earned £50 cash back
- We switched our gas & electric through Uswitch (via Quidco), saved money on cheaper, green utilities, but earned £21 cash back for doing the transaction via Quidco!
- I ordered a new PAYG sim card for my mother-in-law (via Quidco) and earned £5 cash back
- I signed up to Waitrose online, (via Quidco) as I wanted to test it, and earned £5 cash back.
- I referred a friend to Quidco and as soon as she makes her first savings, I will earn £2.50 for referring her.
So exactly how do I use Quidco?
Tips to maximise Quidco cashback
- Christmas shopping is coming up – wherever possible, use Quidco when you’re buying online.
- Browse in ‘real’ shops but buy online! (But always ask the shop if they offer free delivery to store / home). You can do the purchase on your smartphone while you’re still in the shop. You don’t have to wait until you get home.
- If you travel for work & you can book the travel yourself – go via Quidco. This is one area you can big cash back amounts as most travel companies are signed up and offer good cash back rates.
- If you have some big purchases looming, set up your favourites on the Quidco site so you are notified when cashback % goes up for those retailers. Get the timing right and the savings are bigger!
- You can even earn cashback on in-store purchases. Log your credit card, and each time it is used in-store, and matches the offer, it should track the cashback.
- Earn Quidco cashback on your groceries too (savings are smaller and it takes more time)